WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURE OF FILLING ADT–1?
The procedure for filing Form ADT-1 is as follows:
- Download Form ADT-1 from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) website.
- Fill in the form with the following details:
- Company name
- Registered office address
- Auditor’s name, address, PAN, and membership number
- Date of appointment of auditor
- Copy of the company’s board resolution appointing the auditor
- Written consent from the auditor to such appointment
- Certificate from the auditor that he/she is not disqualified from being appointed as an auditor under section 141 of the Companies Act, 2013
- Copy of the intimation sent by the company to the auditor
- Sign and verify the form using a digital signature certificate (DSC).
- File the form electronically on the MCA website.
The due date for filing Form ADT-1 is within 15 days of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in which the auditor was appointed or reappointed. For example, if the company’s AGM was held on 30 September 2023, then Form ADT-1 must be filed by 14 October 2023.
The fee for filing Form ADT-1 is INR 500.
If Form ADT-1 is not filed within the due date, a penalty of INR 100 per day will be levied for every day of delay, up to a maximum of INR 5,000.
The MCA will acknowledge the receipt of your form and will issue a registration number. You can track the status of your form on the MCA website.
- It is more convenient and efficient. You can file the form from anywhere in the world, at any time of the day or night. You do not have to physically go to the ROC office to file the form.
- It is more secure. Your form is encrypted and stored on the MCA’s secure servers. This helps to protect your data from unauthorized access.
- It is faster. The MCA will process your form more quickly if you file it electronically. This is because the MCA does not have to manually process the form.
- It is cheaper. The fee for filing Form ADT-1 electronically is lower than the fee for filing the form manually
- You need a digital signature certificate (DSC). In order to file Form ADT-1 electronically, you will need to have a DSC. A DSC is a secure electronic signature that is used to authenticate your identity and to sign digital documents. You can obtain a DSC from a licensed DSC provider.
- You need to have internet access. In order to file Form ADT-1 electronically, you will need to have internet access. This may be a challenge for companies that do not have reliable internet access.
- The MCA website can be slow at times. The MCA website can be slow at times, especially during peak filing periods. This can lead to delays in the processing of your form.
- You may need technical assistance. If you are not familiar with the electronic filing process, you may need to seek technical assistance from a qualified professional.
The procedure for filing Form ADT-1 is relatively straightforward and can be completed. Download Form ADT-1 from the MCA website. The form can be found on the MCA’s website in the “Forms” section. Fill in the form with the required information. The form requires basic information about the company, the auditor, and the appointment. Sign and verify the form using a digital signature certificate (DSC). A DSC is a secure electronic signature that is used to authenticate your identity and to sign digital documents. You can obtain a DSC from a licensed DSC provider. File the form electronically on the MCA website. The form can be filed electronically on the MCA’s website using the eForm facility.